[TriLUG] nvidia IA32 ok, amd64 pukes

Tom Boucher trekkie at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 29 14:04:02 EDT 2003

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 01:55 PM, Jim Ray wrote:

> i took some battlefield advice and used the shell script for nvidia.
> the tar balls for my amd processor puke hard.  the shell script,
> however, works well even though it was meant for IA instead of AMD.  i
> dunno what up wiff dat yet know my stuff works now.

AMD 64?  You have one of those?

Did you try Athlon as your processor type?  is that your problem maybe?

I've not had any problems with my Athlon 1.33GHz System.

Might double check you have the latest headers as well as the latest
kernal source.  I've found that sometimes when up2date on Red Hat it
didn't download the headers and that would stop my nvidia drivers to
not function

But then now I've switched to an ATI 7500 in my server after the move.
Had a heat sink break loose and crack the GeForce4 MX I had in my
server.