[TriLUG] Grub configuration file

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sun Jun 29 23:37:52 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 23:33, Jason Tower wrote:
> /etc/grub.conf is actually a symlink to /boot/grub/grub.conf.  there is no
> /boot/grub.conf.
>
> jason

Thanks Jason.  That still doesn't answer my question as to why
redhat felt the need to modify the default configuration filename
which is /boot/grub/menu.lst.  Is it just a way to make the RHCE
tests harder or are they trying to differentiate their distribution?
If they're going to put a symlink from /etc/grub.conf there's absolutely
no reason at all to change the name (the symlink will happily point
to a different name).  From where I sit, it just looks like RH is
trying to make more work for the grub maintainers (who now have
to deal with bug reports about things that RH changed).

Tanner