fyi [TriLUG] RE: IDE RAID

trekkie at spamcop.net trekkie at spamcop.net
Sat Jul 5 13:51:26 EDT 2003

Quoting Mark Biggers <biggers at utsl.com>:

> Another contact...

I have the Adaptec 2400A IDE RAID card as well.  However I highly recommend the
3ware for their better linux support than Adaptec.   They've not updated their
drivers in forever and you actually have to find something hidden among the
developer pages on Red Hat's website to get it to work with anything over Red
Hat 6.2

That being said it does function with RH 9.0 as I've upgraded over the last few
years.  It just was a PITA to install up front.   If I had to do it again, I'd
spend the $$ on the