[TriLUG] Key fingerprint exchange ("Keysigning Party") at tomorrrow's meeting

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 18:27:45 EDT 2003

Good evening folks,

If you're a GPG user, don't forget we'll be having a key fingerprint
exchange at tomorrow's meeting, after the talk.  If you're a GnuPG or
PGP user, we encourage you to attend and help us strengthen the web of
trust.

Please bring copies of your GPG fingerprint/key type/expiration date to
the meeting.  This is the output of 'gpg --fingerprint <your-key-id>'.
Print as many as you can fit per page, and cut them into strips to hand
out.

You may wish to use the gpg-key2ps script to generate this for you.
This is a shell script which can be obtained from:
	http://www.trilug.org/~jeremy/gpg-key2ps
Make it executable, and run it like this or similarly:
$ gpg-key2ps -p letter your-key-id > keys.ps
$ gv keys.ps & 		[to preview the file]
$ lpr keys.ps		[to print the file]

(substitute your key ID or email address as appropriate; the -p letter
is necessary as it defaults to A4 paper size)

Also, don't forget to bring a government issued photo ID, so we can be
sure you are who you say you are.  A passport is best; a driver's
license or North Carolina non-driver's ID is acceptable.  Remember, you
should NEVER sign keys unless you've received the fingerprint personally
from the owner, and verified their ID.

Thanks, and we're looking forward to the meeting and signing party!

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |