[TriLUG] OT: Linux/UNIX book recommendations needed

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Thu Jul 10 14:58:20 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, July 10, 2003 02:25:26 PM -0400 "Meyer, David R"
<David.Meyer07 at ca.com> wrote:

> My favorite is:
>
> Linux System Administration Handbook
> By
> Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder and Trent Hein
>
> It's green and has a bunch of cartoon animals on the front.

They also did 'Unix System Administration Handbook' along with Scott
Seebass.  The advantage of that one is that they cover a topic and then
show you how to 'do it' in 6 different systems.  I have the 2nd edition and
the OS's covered are Solaris, SunOS, IRIX, HP-UX, Tru64 and BSD.  If you
have to manage several flavors of Unix it is a great resource.

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services