[TriLUG] DSL opinions

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Fri Jul 11 14:14:55 EDT 2003

>From a consumer point of view though I see how it
>can be hard to understand why getting service is a
>snap for one guy and a headache for his neighbor.

Thanks for the detailed responses Neil and Ryan.
Knowing that they have to do something beyond plug
me into a switch in that shed-thing down the road
makes me feel a bit more patient.

The good news is that patience is no longer required.
Verizon activated my DSL service yesterday evening :)

FWIW, Verizon Online Customer service gets negative
marks from me.  I cumulatively spent about two hours
on hold with them at various times of the day and never
got to talk to a human.  The only info I got was relayed
from Customer Service on the local phone side of things.