[TriLUG] Re: No Bootup, Continued 7/13

Jturena at aol.com Jturena at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 09:53:12 EDT 2003

 I tried just hooking the mon/key/ms cables directly into the machine,
bypassing the KVM unit, but that made no difference in the problem.
 I tried slipping a boot diskette in the floppy drive, but there was still no
response to that.
 And I tried loading the Installation CD, but there was no change in the
problem.
 Basically, power comes on when I plug the case in, and a green power light
comes on.
 Initially, when I first plugged the computer in, when I got back from the
Installfest, I think I had to press the power button on for the power to really
come on, but nothing else happened other than that.
 Now, I am unplugging and plugging the power cord into the computer to
disconnect/turnoff the power, because pressing the power button, and reboot button,
do nothing except light-up the CD rom 'activation' light.

 If it won't even display to the monitor when I put an Installation CD back
in, what am I going to do to get things up and running.
 Do you think turning off Kudzu before I last shut the computer down, is part
of the problem? (with: 'chkconfig kudzu off' ).
 Or does all of this mean the problem might be hardware breakage/damage from
the drop it took?
 Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim U.