[TriLUG] GnuPG: Why do you send those attachments to the mailing list?

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 14 20:09:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 06:37:40PM -0400, Magnus wrote:

> I was going to write up a FAQ to send to people with broken
> configurations that complain about my standards-compliant email until I
> ran across this little gem.  Maybe you'll enjoy it, too.
>
> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/gpg-signed-mail.html

Great quote (referring to MS Outlook):

"The root problem is mail clients which handle untrusted content in an
insecure fashion. This is like dousing 75% of the population with gasoline,
then placing match-confiscating personnel at the doors of all public
arenas. The problem isn't the matches. It's the gasoline. "

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net