[TriLUG] help with scp

Daniel Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Tue Jul 15 09:51:12 EDT 2003

I have a several systems I routinely move files and ssh 'login' between.  I
know that by taking my public key and placing it somewhere on the target
system, like in known hosts or some other file, I can do all of this
without having to enter my password.  I know this because I did it once a
couple of years ago... but age has taken its toll and I can't get the
incantation quite right.

so, the question is:

Assume I have system 1 and 2, what do I put where to be able to scp from 1
to 2 without having to type in my password?

--
Daniel Monjar
Manager, Technical Services