[TriLUG] Wireless Internet Adapter Recommendation

Carlos J. Cela ccela at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 16 20:50:06 EDT 2003

Tom,

I am running my RH 8 at home with a V2.4.20  kernel using a Netgear
MA311 PCI (802.11b) wireless card and a MR814 wireless router. It was
relatively easy to setup once I understood what to do. I have used it
for about 2 months and it works just great. I am very happy with the
setup - I got started  reading the information posted on
www.stevewatts.com/computers/pc4/#hostap. I did not use the wlan-ng
driver as explained there. I just configured the kernel to support
PrismII based wireless cards instead.

Hope this helps,
Carlos