[TriLUG] mpage postscript formatting question

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:42:01 EDT 2003

hi all-

i am using mpage to format a ton of postscript files 8 to a page, but
i'd like to allow some space on the left side of the page for some hole
punches. i tried using the '-m' or '-M' flags (with various values),
but it doesn't seem to be working. does it depend on the formatting
(postscript version, etc.) of the input postscript files (made using
octave)?

an example i'm running (within a perl script):
system("mpage -RUac8 @thefiles > file.ps");

would anyone know how i can allow some space for hole punches on the
side? or suggest another program to do something similar (and show me
the flags)?

thanks for putting up with my ignorance!
doug