[TriLUG] (Slightly OT)New Bill in Congress would make file-swapping a felony

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Thu Jul 17 11:56:13 EDT 2003

+1!

This is exactly the kind of attitude that gives Linux users the
'communist pirates' label.  Software and Music pirates STEAL and are no
different than shoplifters.  P2P networks allow you to create thousands
of violations in a short amount of time, which I think justifies the
felony charge...  Aren't we all entitled to be paid for our work?

--mike

--
Michael Thompson <thompson at easternrad.com>