[TriLUG] biglumber.com, locations, and key signing....

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Mon Jul 21 11:34:43 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 11:17, Magnus wrote:
> It is appropriate only to list yourself in the city that you reside in.
>   However, it is also appropriate (and encouraged) to put a time-limited
> listing up when you are going to travel to other cities.  The duration
> of the "event" should be no longer than your actual presence in the
> city you're traveling to.

Ok, makes sense.

> That wouldn't be appropriate.  Keysigning protocol typically requires a
> face-to-face meeting complete with legal identification to prove you
> are who you say you are.

Hmm, well, guess I'll have to wait till I can make it down there again.

> That said, I've tried (unsuccessfully) to contact the Baltimore LUG to
> set up a keysigning and drive down there from where I live
> (Philadelphia) but I haven't heard any response.  :-(  If it's only
> going to be like 5 people I don't particularly want to drive down for
> that but for keysignings with ~20+ people attending I'm game for a road
> trip.  I'm connected directly to the strong set in TriLUG as well as
> PLUG (Philadelphia LUG) so that would be the next best thing to getting
> to a TriLUG keysigning I suppose.  I'm hoping to make it back down to
> Raleigh in the coming months and will try to arrange my visit in such a
> timeframe that I can get to a keysigning there and can firm up my
> placement in the WoT there acting as a sort of Johnny Cryptoseed
> between the LUGs.

Hmm, now here's where I could help both of us some.  I could ping the
CALUG (Columbia Area Linux Users Group) for those interested in a Key
Signing, and maybe work on the Baltimore lug some (some cross members
between the two).  If possible maybe we could arrange a key signing
meet.  Then maybe take care of getting all four lugs linked through you
(Philly Lug, Calug, Balt. Lug, Trilug).  Might be a nice thing to shoot
for.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll work on getting it
together in this area.
--
David A. Cafaro <dac(at)cafaro.net>
Sys Admin to User: "You did what?!?"