[TriLUG] Network Systems Engineer job opening

Steve Thorpe thorpe at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 22 11:41:59 EDT 2003

Dear TriLUGgers and TriJUGgers,

FYI this job posting from my employer (MCNC Research
and Development Institute) at the URL
http://www.mcnc.org/empopprdi.html has generated
only 13 incoming resumes so far:

Systems Engineer (#510)

JOB DESCRIPTION:  This position will support network and
lab infrastructure needed for existing, pending and future
research projects entailing networking and networked
applications, along with support of existing hosting
environment.  Duties will consist of network and compute
systems procurement, test system setup and operation and
data base system.  In addition to support of COTS equipment,
some support of experimental systems will also be required.

EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:  The desired candidates
will have a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering and 1-2 years of relevant experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience;
experience with Linux system administration.

Hope this might be helpful to you.

Steve
Personal email: steve_thorpe at acm.org

PS If you do decide to apply, let me know if you have
any general questions about MCNC-RDI.  I don't know all
the details about the specific position but maybe I
can help with some background info....
Steve Thorpe                           Email: thorpe at cnidr.org
Systems Programmer / Analyst
MCNC Research and Development Institute
Advanced Networking Research Division
Center for Networked Information Discovery and Retrieval