[TriLUG] Wireless problems fixed

Matt Matthews jvm at linuxgames.com
Thu Jul 24 21:27:08 EDT 2003

Well, the wireless part of my router was dead. The wired part still
seems to work just dandy, but I can't get any wireless hardware to see a
signal from it.

Without making any changes (except setting the ESSID to an appropriate
choice) my new WAP is great.

Thanks for all the help. First impressions of NetGear MR814v2 are good.
It even lists Linux on the box as a supported operating system.

If anyone wants a 4-port SMC Barricade with non-working wireless, let me
know and we can discuss a reasonable price. (Make an offer.)

Take care,
matt