[TriLUG] ATA-100+ IDE cards

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Jul 25 10:37:46 EDT 2003

the promise ultra 100 tx2 cards have always worked well for me.  i got them at
stayonline maybe a year ago, but i'm not sure if you can still find them as
they probably only carry the ultra 133 cards now, which i haven't tried.

fwiw, i just ordered a highpoint ultra 133 card from newegg a couple of days
ago, when it arrives i'll see how well it works.

you've probably done this already, but verify that DMA is on using hdparm.
slow ide speeds is often a result of DMA being off for one reason or another.

jason