[TriLUG] ntpd sync errors

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Mon Jul 28 11:44:33 EDT 2003

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 09:55  AM, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> On my system, I start ntpd from xinetd as well, but my ps output looks
> like this:

If you're starting ntpd from xinetd, then your time is never going to
synchronize.  xinetd starts daemons based on inbound connections.  You
want to initiate outbound connections.  The much easier way to do this
(after you pull it out of xinetd and make sure ntpd isn't running) is:

	chkconfig --level 35 ntpd on
	service ntpd start

--

C. Magnus Hedemark