[TriLUG] help with procmail/postfix

Tom Woods twoods at tomnkim.us
Tue Jul 29 00:13:04 EDT 2003

Hi.  I've set up a mail server based on the class presented by Jason Tower
this past weekend.  Everything went pretty much as expected, with only a
minor glitch or two...  nothing major, though.

However, I'm not able to get procmail to work...  I've added
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail in my main.cf file...  I've built my
recipe based on the class (for Spam Assassin), I have also tried the
recipe in the trilug FAQ, and others I've found on the net.  Procmail
doesn't seem to be processing anything.  I have a couple of suspicions..
1) permissions on my .procmailrc file may be wrong?  They are currently
664.  2) for some reason procmail isn't really being called.

Any suggestoins are welcome, and I can post my main.cf and/or .procmailrc
files if they will help.

Thanks,

Tom