[TriLUG] weblog analysis recommendation

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 08:36:09 EDT 2003

Magnus wrote:
> You probably already have webalyzer installed (comes with Red Hat).

You are correct...the package is installed.

> Check out http://trilug.org/stats and http://trilug.org/usage for demos
> of two good (free) packages.

Looks like it will do what I need.

I noticed an error message in my mailbox this morning:
   /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
   Error: Can't change directory to /var/www/html/usage
So it looks like the cron job is already configured, too.  I've
created the directories /usage and /stats.  Will the reports
simply show up there tomorrow?  (I found a webalizer installation
manual...but it seemed to be for an install from source...and the
RPM installation seems to have put things in different places)

TIA,
Chris

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com