[TriLUG] forum

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 29 14:09:15 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:59:51PM -0400, Ryan Leathers wrote:
> I've been looking for an open source BB/Forums application.
> Several days of googling has turned up some options but not a winner.
>
> I've been hoping for something written in Java, that runs as a servlet,
> and works with either a flat file or MySQL.  Also, I need to be able to
> provide a public and a private forum (some full featured cripple-ware
> only allows 1) and assign an administrative role to a few users.  This
> is for non-commercial use so it comes out of my pocketbook.

Can't help you with the Java requirement, but we've been happy with phpBB.
It's currently running against a MySQL db, and supporting 247 customers.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net