[TriLUG] RR Mail Infrsastructure (was RE: e-mail server class)

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 14:16:22 EDT 2003

Ben Pitzer wrote:
> I think we've made a solid choice here, and with the diligence of myself and
> my coworkers (all very solid engineers), you should see the quality of
> service you get from RR either improve where it can, and stay high where it
> is already so.

I, for one, commend the job that RR has done recently.  The service has
improved 500% since 12-18 months ago (longer?) when the outages were
getting serious.  My service has very few outages, mail or otherwise.
My web/mail server seems to always be available, or at least whenever
me or anybody else needs it.  The service is good enough that when somebody
tells me I can get service for $5-10 less elsewhere...I don't bother.

I hope RR continues (or expands) their tolerance/indifferance for running
our own servers...because that is a HUGE part of the value I get from RR.

Kudos, Ben et.al.  !!!

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com