[TriLUG] help with biglumber

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Thu Jul 31 13:47:04 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, July 31, 2003 01:37:53 PM -0400 Tanner Lovelace
<lovelace at wayfarer.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 13:13, Daniel Monjar wrote:
>> I want to change my key at biglumber and on the TriLUG ring.  Basically,
>> I've modified my key to remove one of the self-signatures that contains
>> an  address I no longer use.
>>
>> Do I need to delete my listing and then re-add it?
>
> I'm not sure how biglumber does it, but generally key servers will
> not delete entries at all.  The potential for screwing up security
> is way too great if an unauthorized person could do that so they
> just don't do it.  Generally, what is done is that you revoke
> the address you don't use anymore and then publish the revocation for
> just that address.  That gets added to your key and people can
> tell that the particular address isn't used anymore.

Yeah, it fooled me.  There was a 'delete this listing' button.  It didn't
delete my key, just my listing.  I added the listing back.

I'll hit the docs to figure out the revoke address thing... I knew you
could revoke an entire key but not an address.  I editted the key and
remove the sig but everytime I re-import the trilug ring it get added back.
Can I update the entry on the trilug ring?

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services