[TriLUG] soekris boards

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Fri Aug 1 16:41:10 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:51, Greg Brown wrote:
> have any of you played with the Soekirs embedded boards?  They look
> perfect for what I'm trying to do and I'm curious if anyone out there
> has tried to embed Linux or BSD onto one of these boards.
>
> On that note, I'm aware of Pebble, the embedded Linux that operates on
> read-only compact flash cards but what about embedded FreeBSD?  Does
> anyone know of a embedded FreeBSD distro?

I've been loosely following the soekris lists for awhile, thinking they
might be a fallback plan if the Dell AP's are as unhackable as they
seem.  The soekris owners seem to be a brand-loyal bunch, very happy
with their hardware.

OpenBSD is very popular on Soekris boards.  Out of the box it is pretty
small and there is a Soekris distribution of OpenBSD that is really
stripped down and geared towards flash disk.

Hope that helps.