[TriLUG] Novell Acquires Ximian

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Mon Aug 4 16:50:35 EDT 2003

I disagree C. Magnus

While Novell has groped about with sundry products over the last decade
the center piece has always been directory services.  Mail has also been
a key offering, but has captured a small share of the market.  It seems
to me that a strong play for the mail services market on Linux is a
natural fit and a great way to draw more attention to the real star -
directory services.  Not a change of focus at all.

--
Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge