[TriLUG] computer boot problems

Sean Murphy s.murphy at trifith.cotse.net
Mon Aug 4 19:13:33 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 16:15, Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> hi all-
>
> after having it shut down for a few weeks, i went to restart a computer
> today and it keeps getting locked in a 'pre-boot' mode. the monitor
> will not turn on ... the lights are 'stuck' on green and orange ... the
> CDROM lights are stuck on ... stays like this for many minutes ...
> never wakes the monitor to start the boot (won't even let me get into
> bios).
>
> fans work ... and i can 'hear' that its on .. but nothing is cranking
Doug,

I had a simmilar problem on a windows box not too long ago. I fixed it
by adjusting the video card. check that everything is secured tightly.
also, try canned air in the agp slot. If you've god construction going
on in the area it could be dust/dirt blocking a connector.

I don't know if this well help but i doubt it will hurt :-)

--
Sean Murphy - s.murphy at trifith.cotse.net - http://acherial.homelinux.net
::insert smart ass remark here::