[TriLUG] squirrelmail/imap problem

Tom Raleigh tlenc2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 16:12:37 EDT 2003

Hi,
I am trying to configure squirrelmail for web access.
I installed the uw-imap-2002d and configure php with
imap support option.  However, when I tried to log on
to the mail server, i got this error message:

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses:
getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name
resolution (is your IPV6 configuration correct? If
this error happens all the time, try reconfiguring PHP
using --disable-ipv6 option to configure) in
/opt/apache/htdocs/sm/functions/imap_general.php on
line 446

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to :143 in
/opt/apache/htdocs/sm/functions/imap_general.php on
line 446

Error connecting to IMAP server: .
11 : Resource temporarily unavailable

I tried different things to resolve this problem but
can't seem to find the answer.  Any help/suggestion
would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

P.S: line 446 of the imap_general.php file is:
$imap_stream = fsockopen($imap_server_address,
$imap_port, $error_number, $error_string, 15);