[TriLUG] Cable Modem and Linux

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Thu Aug 14 10:57:28 EDT 2003

One tip for roadrunner:
Pay attention to the order things power up.
Power on the cable modem first.
Power on whatever connects to the modem next (router/firewall/host)
Then connect everything else however or whenever you like.

If you try to power cycle the modem while connected to a running host
you can get buggered.

--
Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge