[TriLUG] NOSUL list formed

Ilan Volow listboy at clarux.com
Thu Aug 14 12:58:57 EDT 2003

A week or two ago, I posted a message to the group about an NCSU
desktop linux group I'm forming (NOSUL). For those in the group who
were interested by my NOSUL post, I have set up a mailing list for
NOSUL. It's a yahoo groups list, located at:

The Yahoo Groups stuff is just a temporary thing, until we can get
access to whatever mailing list facilities NCSU has (which we'll
probably get once we're an officially registered student organization).

The first topic for discussion on the list needs to be when and where
we should have an informal gathering where folks can discuss plans for
the upcoming semester. Raleigh is a given, considering this thing is
starting as a group at NC State.  As for the date, I'm thinking about
sometime next week (as I'll be out of town until next Tuesday).

There were some concerns brought up about being a NC State student as a
prerequisite for membership. With most NC State student groups, anyone
(including non-students) is welcome at meetings. It's just some
official stuff (like officer positions) that requires student status.

As for the big e-mail I was going to write explaining my bizarre point
of view, I spent way too much time trying to give a comprehensive
explanation that would explain where I'm coming yet not offend anyone
on the list; I'll just say that sometimes I am extremely conflicted
about the direction that linux has been going in (a trait which I
consider to be a strength).

--Ilan