[TriLUG] Linux compatible USB Flash Drives

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Aug 14 19:54:30 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:10, Lance A. Brown wrote:
Lance,

> I'm thinking about getting a USB flash drive to carry files around and
> want to get one I *know* will work with both Linux (RH 9, mostly) and
> various Windows flavors.

The good news is that it seems to be fairly easy.  I have a free 32MB
drive that I got from HP, it's a Lexar branded one, works just fine,
once you figure out that it's /dev/sda1 on my currently all IDE
system....  ;')  That's a RH9 system, if I can get it working without
any actual effort, you should do just fine with almost any decice out
there.

Good luck,

	Kevin

> Anyone have recommendations?

Kevin M. Flanagan
kevin at flanagannc.net

 When all men think alike, no one thinks very much.
	Walter Lippmann