[TriLUG] docbook & help guides

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Sat Aug 16 10:26:46 EDT 2003

Hi All-

Thanks for all the responses. I'm actually (currently) using programs
under OS X to convert SGML documents to ps/pdf/html/etc. Sorry for
semi-non-linux (i'm running X11!) questions below :)

1. The programs installed using FINK (docbook2html, docbook2pdf, etc)
actually call 'jw' (a jade wrapper). Anywho, I cannot get it to
recognize XML files .. which is find I guess, but does anyone know
if/how to get XML support (especially under OS X)?

2. I cannot get the ldp.dsl style sheet to output properly. For
example, the docbook2html 'program' is simply a script that runs the
following command and is called 'docbook2html file.sgml':

#! /bin/sh
jw -f docbook -b html "$@"

So I just typed 'jw -f docbook -b html -d /path/to/ldp.dsl file.sgml'
... but instead of outputting to an HTML file, it outputs to the
screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Doug