[TriLUG] Joining an XP Workstation to a Samba PDC

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Sun Aug 17 00:33:46 EDT 2003

Those two reg keys and the add user script should be all you need to get the
XP boxes on the Domain.  Also remember to check if you are running XP's
firewall on the interfaces.  The Firewall built into XP will block you from
joining a domain if it is active in it's default setting.  Also I did a
presentation on Samba as a PDC for a LUG up in Maryland, you might find this
info usefull (hopefully it's all correct, or at least close)

http://www.calug.com/09apr03talk/SAMBA.pdf

Cheers,
David

--