[TriLUG] broadband in the Triangle area

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Sat Aug 23 12:58:19 EDT 2003

Take a trip to dslreports.com, then come back and ask the questions you
couldn't find out for yourself.

My advice given the undetermined amount of time you will be in the area
is Cable (Since DSL requires a year contract).  Modems (whether DSL or
Cable) are provided by the carriers in this area, and some don't even
allow you to connect your own equipment to the lines.  (If anyone wants
a spare DSL modem, I've got one (the old Fujitsu)).  You may find
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DSL-HOWTO/index.html useful.  Time Warner's
setup is trivial, and if you have cable already, you can pick up a
self-installation kit at any of their mall kiosks.

Joseph