[TriLUG] XFree86 problem on Debian: "Could not open default font 'fixed'"

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Sun Aug 24 21:40:44 EDT 2003

I could probably back port, but when I had the sudden rush to build X, I
just grabbed the latest package from the XFree86 FTP site, which I think
was 4.3.1. However, this problem has occurred in older versions of X as
well, at least from what I've read throughout various newsgroups :-/

If I can't resolve this soon, I'll just rebuild it from older sources
and hope for the best.

Thanks,
Aaron