[TriLUG] NIC recognition problem

Scot Huntsberry hhuntsberry at fbi.gov
Mon Aug 25 11:57:56 EDT 2003

I have something odd that just happened.  I had RH 9 installed on a
Compaq Presario 2 weeks ago, and then had to use the Windows XP recovery
to install XP because my boss said that it had to be used for something
else.  Well, he then told me that I could use it for linux and I start
the installation.  Here is the deal.  When I installed linux two weeks
ago, it went without any problem.  Then the XP recovery went without a
problem.  However, when I installed RH 9 this morning, it does not seem
to recognize the ethernet card.  At the point in the installation
process where it asks you about IP addresses etc. it did not ask.
Additionally, the green light is on on the card but the yellow light is
to on.  Any suggestions?