[TriLUG] Troubled RH9

Roberto J. Dohnert robertodohnert at netscape.net
Mon Aug 25 21:25:17 EDT 2003

Hey guys just an update, I went back to RH8 and everything worked fine,
this time i decided to do a Dual boot and i do believe I have discovered
what the problem is.  Apparantly the machine I have is an AMD duron
processor based machine, with a VIA motherboard, its a Compaq Presario.
For some reason RH9 wishes to load and install the Athlon kernel, RH8
does not do this when i type uname -a it comes up as an unknown, SuSE
and Debian also list it as an unknown.  My question is how do i get RH9
to install a different kernel and which kernel would I need to install
instead of the Athlon?