[TriLUG] Assistance with Partition Sizes on New RH 9 Installation

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Aug 26 16:10:50 EDT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 10:1522pm, Scot Huntsberry wrote:
> I am going to reinstall RH 9 tomorrow because my system has gotten so
> slow that it is ridiculous.  I was wondering if I could get some
> suggestions oh how to best partition a 50gb hard drive to maximize
> the efficiency of the system.  I would really appreciate any
> suggestions the group could provide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scot

For a desktop :
/boot 	100MB
SWAP: 	2x RAM
/ 		2 GB
/usr  	6 GB (the full RH 9 fits in about 4 GB)
/home 	The rest (so your data doens't get lost if you decide to format
and install again)

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.1 -    Linux Machine # 38068