[TriLUG] latex & thesis prep - what am i getting into?

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 27 11:29:30 EDT 2003

thanks for all the replies!  while doing research about latex (how to
use it, at least the very very very minimal basics), i also learned the
difference between a 'thesis' and a 'dissertation' ... more lingo.

anywho, thanks to Ed to providing the sample latex files, etc from UNC!

jon --> i'm in the biochem department (and i'll go out on a limb and
say i'm the first to use latex to write a thesis, at least in long,
long while)

i'll be writing it primarily under OS X and partly under Linux ... so
any tools you guys think would help me out ... please forward along!
so far, i'm using NEDIT ... :)

also, if anyone from NCSU (presently or previously) has any sample
latex files or style files i can look at to compare with what I already
have (thanks again Ed!) ... please contact me!  it seems the statistics
department (including biomath, etc) and computer science department
uses it frequently ... so I may try to email the NCSU LUG for files too
(sorry in advance if you get this information twice if you are
subscribed to both)

doug