rookits: was: Re: [TriLUG] Server DEAD!

auto668 at hush.com auto668 at hush.com
Thu Aug 28 16:42:05 EDT 2003

Durn!  That's what I figured...

All of the data is on /www partition.. so I can just keep that and reload..

Geez!  I KNOW what my mistake was.. or at least I feel like I do.. and
the more I think about it the dumber I feel.. this machine was comprimised
a few weeks back (it had been  up for almost 2+ years with VERY little
maintenance/updates, not in my hands).  I just reloaded and used the
same root password without thinking!  What an idiot!

Maybe, that's not it.. I wasn't allowing root to connect via ssh.. who
knows..

thanks to all...

l-

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434