[TriLUG] OT: new DSL modem from bellsouth

Daniel Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Fri Aug 29 14:56:48 EDT 2003

That major storm that blew through North Raleigh last Friday afternoon blew
out my DSL modem.  I just spoke with the Bellsouth guy and he's leaving a
new modem for me to install when I get home...

I'm looking for an opinion... I use a Linksys router to connect to the
modem. The router has my username/password to authenticate with the
Bellsouth servers.  That is how it used to work... with this new modem _it_
is configured to do the authentication.  How do you think this is going to
work with my router?  Think I should not configure the new modem for
authentication and let the router do it or un-configure the router and let
the modem do it?

--
Dan