[TriLUG] Bootloader woes

bdsmith2 at ncsu.edu bdsmith2 at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 8 10:25:42 EDT 2003

Triangle Linux Users,
    Both Lilo and GRUB have been acting up on my machine; neither one will
display a boot menu or accept user input. After the BIOS does its
thing, the words LILO 22.2 display on the screen, and the default
kernel is after the set time period. Thinking that this might be an
issue with the on board video (the machine is an old HP Pavilion I
salvaged from the attic), I threw in a PCI Geforce 2 and disabled the
on board video, but to no avail. /boot is on the first partition of
the hard drive, and I can't think of anything else that might be
contributing to the problem.

Thanks a ton.