[TriLUG] I need a special 'knoppix'

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 8 14:46:39 EDT 2003

Can knoppix be "downloaded" to a CD then have configuration changed
then burned back to a CD?  What I'm looking for exactly is this:

A bootable CDROM that will:

1. be able to configure for wireless devices and HOPEFULLY
automatically scan for ESSIDs that are being broadcasted
2. have bridging set up between the wireless and the RJ-45 port

I'm envisioning this to work on a laptop like my old Toshiba satellite.
  I like Knoppix because it just seems to work regardless of hardware
but I need a zero configuration CDROM with bridging already supported
and "as brain dead as possible" wireless configuration.

Does such a beast exist?

Greg