[TriLUG] auto-deployment of software to windows machines (was: Re: software update services for samba?)

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Sep 9 10:33:01 EDT 2003

I don't use sus because the majority of my desktops are *not* using w2k+.

Most apps and updates can be scripted in some form or fashion.  If you had
your grocery list of requirements and were able to determine the os so you
don't install the wrong thing to the wrong computer, you could set flags for
which machines had what the needed and execute code on the others.

Coming up with the silent install is the trick.  Seems like everybody want
you to click on "I accept" or something before it will give up to go.