[TriLUG] Fwd: [support] Accountability and possible solutions

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 11 17:52:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 16:22, David R.Matusiak wrote:
> hello Linux Lubbers --  i took a few moments today to address a major
> problem we are seeing on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus (and presumably at
> other institutions).  i thought my note might be of interest to those
> on TriLUG.  any feedback appreciated.

I am building a portfolio of arguments to potential clients on why they
should consider new (to them) alternatives in software/system decisions.

This piece will fit in very nicely to that portfolio.  I started the
collection with the Ernie Ball story and how they got whacked by the SBA.

Imagine the cost to IT departments of keeping up with the
worm-hole-of-the-month with the freshly purchased Wxp.  I think business is
ready to forego lots of new features for some  good old security and
stability.

Good points about the politicians with their hands in the $$$$$-bowls.
Voting with dollars is the way to go.

Thanks for the fwd.
--
Mike Mueller