[TriLUG] gtoaster as a user

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Sun Sep 14 22:44:51 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:33:01PM -0400, Ralph Blach wrote:
> How do I make gtoaster available to a use on Redhat 9?  It is so annoyiing
> to have to
> enter the root password to use the CD burner.

With sudo?

As root, /usr/sbin/visudo to edit /etc/sudoers file

add the lines:

User_Alias      BURNERS = "your username"
Cmnd_Alias      BURN = /usr/bin/gtoaster
BURNERS =       ALL = NOPASSWD: BURN

I don't use gtoaster but if it calls another program to burn CD's then
you may have to add a comma after '/usr/bin/gtoaster' and the path to
that binary.

Then from the command line you can run it with
sudo /usr/bin/gtoaster &

or edit your gtoaster launcher properties by putting a 'sudo ' before the
command it executes.

To give another user access just use visudo again to add their name
after yours in the User_Alias line.

--
Ken Wahl  ken at kenwahl.org  http://www.kenwahl.org