[TriLUG] gtoaster as a user

Nathan Conrad conrad at bungled.net
Mon Sep 15 12:56:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

One can tell sudo not to prompt for a password. I have the following
lines in my sudoers file:

Cmnd_Alias VPN=/root/pppd-cat.sh
tunnel  ALL=NOPASSWD: VPN

where 'tunnel' is a user on my computer.

Adding the user to the cdrom group on Debian works (with kernel 2.6)
since cd-writing can be done with the IDE drivers instead though the
ide-scsi stuff. Making the device file world writable works
too. xcdroast has an option to make the xcdroast binary setuid root
(look at chmod).

-Nathan