[TriLUG] remote power on/off device

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:29:55 EDT 2003

I use an X10 device for exactly this purpose. I bought it off ebay for
around $20, I think. It comes with a transmitter that plugs into the
serial port, a receiver that turns one device on/off, and one additional
receiver. There are several linux-compatible ways to address the
transmitter; I've been using one called "bottle rocket" because it was the
first one I tried, and it worked for me. The X10 package I bought is
called "firecracker".

Best,
Andy

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu