[TriLUG] copy & paste

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 16 18:04:08 EDT 2003

This only works if you have the following line in your mouse config in your
xf86config file:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
EndSection

Otherwise, you do not get third button emulation by clicking the right and
left buttons simultaneously.  This is a good thing to have configured if you
have a two button mouse, and may be necessary if your X config doesn't
recognize what it's getting from your three button mouse connected through a
KVM device.  RH never seemed to have an issue with it, though, but some
distros have at time, apparently (yes, Debian, sad as I am to say it).

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--