[TriLUG] iptables and opening a port, CVS

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 12:31:28 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 12:01, Scott Lundgren wrote:
> doh! If you wanted cvspserver to be running disable should be set to "no".

The debian package for cvs turns off pserver by default and warns that it is
a security risk.  They advocate using the :ext: cvs access method with SSH.

This what I do.  I have to type a password everytime I hit cvs.  I got used
to it.

What's the sentiment on pserver and security in this group?

Is RH doing things with pserver for security reasons in its release 9?  Maybe
I'm reading too much into this issue?
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)