[TriLUG] Screen for X?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Sep 20 20:54:04 EDT 2003

Well, with screen for terminals you still have to start the application
inside of screen.  You can't "move" a running application from a
non-screen tty to inside of screen.  The same generally applies to X
(notwithstanding the "xmove" program mentioned.)  So you can just use VNC
all the time, and you'll have the effect you need.  When you're logged on
locally, just connect to your own computer with the VNC client -- slightly
roundabout, but it will work nicely.

--Jeremy