[TriLUG] Time To Ditch RoadRunner?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 22:12:18 EDT 2003

If you are going to do this, be legal.  Use Speakeasy.net.  The price is
just a bit higher but you get a nice clear back-end that is not
overburdened *and* you can legally resell it (or split it with your
neighbors).

The reason Big Cable doesn't want you to split your access is that they
base their price on average per-household usage - plus you are depriving
them of customers by reselling their service and directly competing
against them.  Both of these are a big no-no.  If you do it, Big Cable
has every right to come after you.

Since there is a legal alternative, use it.